Liverpool John Moores University selects CourseLoop
When scanning the market for a new solution, LJMU were looking for a complete curriculum management product which could manage their full curriculum end to end, from programme and module design, to validation, approval and publication. In addition to the product, they were also wanting to partner with a vendor with the technical consulting expertise to manage an implementation of this level of complexity.
"We are excited to be working with our third UK-based client and partnering with LJMU on their journey to implement the CourseLoop Platform as their complete curriculum management solution."
LJMU’s specific requirements were for a curriculum management solution which could provide:
- A single source of truth for the University’s curriculum
- High quality and reliable data
- Effective and efficient processes across the University
- Reduced processing and administration time
- Quality assurance processes
- Detailed and flexible reporting
- Flexibility/configurability to support changes in requirements and processes
- Integration with LJMU systems via APIs
The CourseLoop Platform comprises a series of modules which establish a common data model and consistent user interface as a foundation, but then provide the flexibility to address operational priorities incrementally by adding on additional modules. Based on the broad scope of requirements, LJMU have chosen to implement the full CourseLoop product suite:
- Curriculum Data Management - to provide the foundation for all curriculum information and deliver the definitive source of truth
- Curriculum Governance - to deliver workflow and process efficiency
- Curriculum Mapper - to enable mapping of curriculum to professional accreditation requirements
- Curriculum Marketer - to provide ability to draft and approve curriculum-specific marketing content
- Curriculum Publisher - to enable marketing content to be combined and published with the relevant academic content
- Curriculum Review - to support periodic curriculum reviews.
LJMU is now the third CourseLoop client based in the UK following on from Nottingham Trent University and the University of Huddersfield.
About Liverpool John Moores University
Based in Liverpool and named after one of the city's great entrepreneurs and philanthropists (Sir John Moores), LJMU became one of the UK's new universities in 1992. The origins of the institution however date back to 1823 when the organisation which evolved into LJMU was originally established as the Liverpool Mechanics School of Arts. LJMU is one of the larger universities in the UK, with over 23,000 students (as at July 2020) from over 100 countries and offers over 300 Undergraduate and Master's programs.